Monday, November 10, 2008

Private Pilot License Tips

Hello All:



If you are in the process of you Private Pilot License you should be familiar with the Trim wheel. Some planes will also have a rudder trim. On a recent flight test one of my examiner friends said one student was weak with his right rudder. HM?. On another flight test my examiner friend figured out the problem and it was something that I completely missed. Yes the Rudder trim.


There are very few C-172's that have rudder trim but one of the planes I was using had it and it was set 2 notches to the right of takeoff. This was always set there. I don't think anyone had moved it in months. Since the C-172 I mostly fly doesn't have a rudder trim I never picked it up. If you are a pilot already you know how many mistakes you make!.


So if you are training in a plane that does have rudder trim, don't use it. Leave it in the takeoff position. This way you will exercise your right leg and use the rudder properly.


Hope to See You In the Sky

Airfreddy

Airfreddy's Private Pilot License Manual

No comments: